This Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe is my go-to for lunch or a quick weeknight dinner.
On the table in under 20 minutes, this easy skillet meal combines ground pork or turkey, shredded cabbage, and our favorite eggroll flavors in one easy dinner.
Egg Roll in a Bowl is SO Easy!
- 20 Minutes: This recipe is fast to make – no rolling or frying required!
- Clean out the fridge: A great way to use up leftover vegetables in the fridge. Finely chop or shred almost any vegetable and add it to stretch the meal.
- Meal prep magic: Double the batch and have ready-to-eat meals for days, I reheat in the microwave.
- Family favorite: Even the pickiest eaters will ask for seconds.
Ingredients for Egg Roll in a Bowl
Ground Meat – I use ground pork, ground turkey, or chicken. For a vegetarian version, try scrambled eggs or tofu.
Vegetables – Pre-made coleslaw mix or broccoli slaw makes it easy, but you can shred your own cabbage as well. To add more to the mix, grated carrots, cauliflower rice, and finely chopped broccoli are all great options.
Flavors – Fresh minced garlic and ginger add great flavor. If you don’t have minced garlic, use 1 teaspoon of garlic powder in place. Replace regular or low-sodium soy sauce with coconut aminos or tamari if needed.
How to Make an Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Brown ground meat and drain fat per the recipe below.
- Add the whites of the green onions, ginger, garlic, and coleslaw mix and saute until slaw is tender.
- Mix in soy sauce and sesame oil. Garnish with cilantro, green onions, and sesame seeds, and serve hot.
Serving & Storage
Serve egg roll in a bowl as it is or over Instant Pot rice, ramen noodles, or even low-carb zoodles. A crispy, cold side of easy Asian slaw or a side of sesame ginger snap peas are the perfect sides to this tasty dish.
Keep leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Did you enjoy this Egg Roll in a Bowl? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
Egg Roll in a Bowl is a quick and delicious meal with the flavors of our favorite egg rolls in a simplified bowl.
In a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground chicken or pork, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Drain any fat.
Stir in the whites of the green onions, ginger, garlic, and coleslaw mix. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the coleslaw becomes tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil and cook for 1 minute more.
Divide into bowls and garnish with cilantro, greens of green onions, and sesame seeds.
- Chopped mushrooms, bean sprouts, chopped water chestnuts
- Sriracha or red pepper flakes to taste
- Nuts like cashews or crushed peanuts
Calories: 353 | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 841mg | Potassium: 592mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 231IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.