This is the best Buffalo Chicken Dip, perfect for game day – or any other day of the year!
If you like Buffalo chicken, you’ll love this creamy, cheesy dip packed with the famously zesty flavor of Buffalo sauce!
Serve it warm and melty from the oven with tortilla chips, bread sticks, or veggies.
This is The Dip You’ll Be Craving!
Who doesn’t love a good plate of buffalo wings on game day? This dip takes the flavor from your favorite Buffalo chicken wings and turns them into a scoopable party dip!
- Super fast prep – make it up to 2 days in advance.
- A tried and true crowd favorite – everyone raves about this dip.
- Scoop it, dip it, or spread it with tortilla chips, crackers, or veggies like carrot sticks and celery sticks.
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Dip
Cheese – This recipe uses sharp cheddar for extra flavor, but try other cheeses like Colby-Jack cheese. Pre-shredded cheese works well in this recipe.
Buffalo Sauce – Buffalo sauce is the star of this recipe. You can make your own with butter and hot sauce or use Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce.
Seasonings – Green onions and garlic powder add flavor.
- Diced green chiles or sliced jalapenos
- Diced bell peppers or celery for crunch
- Bacon bits
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mix cream cheese, buffalo wing sauce, sour cream, & seasonings (as per recipe below).
- Fold in chicken & cheese.
- Top with extra cheese & bake until bubbly.
- Keep leftover buffalo chicken dip covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy it chilled or reheat it in the microwave.
- You can freeze this buffalo chicken dip recipe in freezer bags for up to 8 weeks. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and serve cold or reheat adding fresh cheese if desired.
Did your guests love this Buffalo Chicken Dip? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
This dip is extra creamy, super cheesy, and has lots of buffalo chicken flavor!
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, buffalo sauce, and garlic powder with a hand mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
Gently fold in the shredded chicken, ½ cup cheddar cheese, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, and sliced green onions.
Transfer the mixture to a small baking dish or pie plate.
Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Quickly soften cream cheese by microwaving it for 15 seconds on high.
- Mix the base with a hand mixer to keep it fluffy for dipping.
- Prepare the dip up to 48 hours ahead of time and bake when your guests arrive. Add a few minutes to the cooking time.
- In a hurry? Melt all of the ingredients on the stovetop. Stir in chicken, top with cheese, and broil.
- To Make Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip: Add all ingredients to a 2qt slow cooker. Cook on low for 3 hours, stirring occasionally, and turn to warm once melted.
Calories: 188 | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.003g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 622mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 518IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 0.2mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.