This air fryer chicken wings recipe is so much easier to prepare than deep frying!
Chicken wings in the air fryer come are quick to make and are crispy, crunchy, and delicious without all of the mess and splatter of oil.
Air Fryer Wings Are Fuss-Free!
Skip the deep fryer – these wings are crispy and delicious!
- They have the crunch of deep-fried wings without the mess or splattering oil.
- This air fryer wings recipe cooks much faster than baking in the oven.
- Versatile – toss these wings in sauces or add dips and dressings.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Chicken Wings – Split wings are best in this recipe, where the flat or wingette part is separated from the drumette and the wing tips have been removed and discarded.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
These really are the best wings – super simple to make, crispy, and juicy-tender inside.
- Season the wings in a bowl.
- Preheat the air fryer per the recipe below.
- Place the wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook until crispy, flipping halfway through.
- Cook in batches if needed and reheat all wings in the air fryer for 3 minutes before serving.
Seasoning & Sauces for Wings
- Pat the wings dry before cooking; liquid will cause them to steam.
- Gently toss with a touch of oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray to help the seasonings stick.
- Shake or flip the wings after 10 minutes to brown evenly.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer. If needed, make a few smaller batches and place them all back into the air fryer for 3 minutes to heat/crisp before serving.
What’s your favorite way to cook crispy chicken wings? Leave us a comment below!
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
These air fryer chicken wings turn out perfectly crispy every time!
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
Use a paper towel to pat the wings dry.
In a medium bowl, toss the wings with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Place the wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Bake wings 20-22 minutes until skin is crisp, flipping the wings after 10 minutes.
Remove wings from air fryer and toss with additional salt and pepper or desired sauce.
- Pat the wings dry before cooking, liquid causes them to steam instead of crisp
- Don’t overcrowd your air fryer. If needed, make a few smaller batches and then place them all back into the air fryer for 3 minutes to heat/crisp before serving.
- If your air fryer is similar to a toaster oven, place a foil-lined pan on the rack under the wings to catch any drippings for easy clean-up.
Nutrition information is for approximately 6 wings.
Serving: 6wings | Calories: 235 | Carbohydrates: 0.2g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 358mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 0.003g | Vitamin A: 136IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.