© Reuters. Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskiy speaks throughout a joint information convention with Czech Prime Minister Petr Fiala (not seen), as Russia’s assault on Ukraine continues, in Kyiv, Ukraine October 31, 2022. REUTERS/Viacheslav Ratynskyi
(Reuters) – Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy urged the United Nations Safety Council to behave in opposition to Russia over air strikes on civilian infrastructure that once more plunged Ukrainian cities into darkness and chilly as winter units in.
* Zelenskiy appealed to the U.N. Safety Council to take motion to cease Russian air strikes concentrating on important infrastructure which have as soon as once more plunged Ukrainian cities into darkness and chilly as winter units in.
* Russian missiles knocked out electrical energy within the Kyiv area and killed no less than six folks within the Ukrainian capital throughout assaults that brought on blackouts throughout the nation.
* Ukraine disconnected energy models on the Khmelnytskyi nuclear energy station within the west after huge Russian missile strikes in opposition to Ukraine’s power infrastructure, the regional governor stated.
* Particular “invincibility centres” will likely be arrange round Ukraine to supply electrical energy, warmth, water, web, cell phone connections and pharmacy service, freed from cost and across the clock, Zelenskiy stated.
* Battles raged within the east, the place Russia has despatched among the forces it moved following its withdrawal from across the metropolis of Kherson within the south. Russia is urgent an offensive of its personal alongside a stretch of frontline west of town of Donetsk, held by its proxies since 2014.
* The European Parliament’s web site was unavailable for a number of hours on account of a denial-of-service assault by “pro-Kremlin” hackers, after its lawmakers designated Russia a state sponsor of terrorism, the institute’s president stated.
* About 50 Russian troopers had been killed and as much as 50 had been wounded when Ukrainian forces attacked an ammunition depot within the japanese Luhansk area, the Ukrainian army stated.
* Reuters couldn’t independently confirm the battlefield accounts. Russia denies concentrating on civilians.
FOREIGN RESPONSE, AID
* European Union governments failed to achieve a deal on what stage to cap costs for Russian sea-borne oil beneath the Group of Seven nations (G7) scheme and can resume talks on Thursday night or on Friday, EU diplomats stated.
* The USA has approved a further $400 million in army assist to Ukraine, which can embrace weapons, munitions and air protection gear. The Biden administration has offered $19.7 billion in army help to Ukraine