Energy BI Private Gateway, 5 Should Know Issues
Once we are speaking about utilizing a brand new expertise we have to perceive it first. Energy BI Private Gateway just isn’t an exception. Regardless of you may simply set up the Energy BI Private Gateway, understanding the next necessary factors is essential. I consider the next 5 factors are considerably necessary to forestall you entering into troubles with the set up course of in addition to utilizing the gateway:
- Energy BI Private Gateway is just out there on 64-bit Home windows working methods
- As soon as you put in Energy BI Private Gateway you don’t want to put in one other one as only one gateway works for any variety of supported knowledge sources
- You CANNOT set up the Energy BI Administration Gateway on the identical machine as Energy BI Evaluation Providers Gateway
- In the event you’re making an attempt to put in the Energy BI Private Gateway on a community having Lively Listing ensure that the account you’re utilizing to put in the Energy BI Private Gateway is ready to “Logon as a Service”. In some instances the “Logon as a Service” coverage is prevented on Lively Listing for safety causes. The “Go surfing as a Service” must be utilized to these accounts which are NOT beneath an Lively Listing. So even in case you are utilizing a Native Account you must ensure that the native account is added to the native safety coverage “Go surfing as a Service”. If the account used to put in the Energy BI Private Gateway is banned from the “Go surfing as a Service” coverage you’ll get “Service ‘Knowledge Administration Gateway Service’ (DIAHostService) failed to start out. Confirm that you’ve got ample privileges to start out system companies.” error message.
- Permission varieties utilized to your Home windows account impacts how the Energy BI Private Gateway is put in and the way it works in Home windows. In contrast to Microsoft Knowledge Administration Gateway which was used to refresh on-premises datasets from Energy BI 365, you don’t have to have administrator rights. So when you logged into Home windows:
- In case your Home windows account has administrator permissions then the Energy BI Private Gateway can be put in as a “SERVICE”.
- So long as the machine and the service are up and operating your scheduled refresh will work. So that you don’t must be logged into Home windows at refresh time.
- In the event you change your Home windows account password you then’ll want to vary it within the Energy BI Private Gateway as nicely.
- In case your Home windows account doesn’t have administrator permissions then the Energy BI Private Gateway can be put in as an “APPLICATION”.
- Even when the machine hosts the Energy BI Private Gateway is up and operating, you continue to should be logged into Home windows at scheduled refresh time.
- Because the Energy BI Private Gateway is put in as an utility it’ll all the time run utilizing the account and password you’re presently logged in with. So for those who’re not logged into Home windows the info received’t refresh and the scheduled will fail.